Day off work today so managed to get lots of painting done. First one is a work in progress, another in my (slowly) growing series of the London Underground. This is Putney Bridge station. Lots of drawing to get right in this one so I used a grid to plot it all out. And looking at the photo of what I’ve painted, I’ve still managed to get some of the perspective wrong I think.
I’ve also tweaked the steps since taking the photo, the yellow just didn’t look right at all.
The second one was painted when I went out late this afternoon. Eventually found a scene I liked the look of, but may have picked something too complicated – again. Or maybe I just need to still get better at simplifying things – I suspect that’s more likely the problem. Anyway, it’s of the pond at Barnes Green near where I live. Lots to learn from that one.